Review of Yashica ML 50mm F2

Yashica ML 50mm/2 lens at F/2, full manual focus

  * The purchase

- I got this lens from ebay, it is cheap :)
 - It's working on my Canon camera with  this adapter.

  * What I like:
 - Metal case, built to last forever, quality of the lens seems good .
- Aperture ring feels smooth, I like the "click click" sound .
- It's very sharp at F/2, this was a big surprise for me, because I was using the Canon EF 50mm F1.8, which is sharp maybe at F8, and is feels(and sounds) like broken mcdonald's toy.
- The bokeh is very nice, interesting "spinning" effect.
- Colors are saturated.

  * What I don't like:
 - At F/11->F/16, pictures are strange, colors shades, details are missing.
- Aperture ring is too close to the body, this is a a little bit annoying, but this is by design, I have to get used to it.

 



Sample images - The ground level point of view

Sample images - Miracle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why sometimes oracle 10g XE sucks big time

NAT in opensolaris